The Day Eloquence Shone Like A Million Stars

@The Day Eloquence Shone Like A Million Stars


There are moments when preparation ends and destiny simply says, “Stand up.” Mine came during the “Leading Stakeholders and Building Community” session at the Teach For Nigeria 2026 Pre-Service Training Institute, facilitated by Mrs Dudun Peterside, a World Bank Consultant and Board Member of Teach For Nigeria. There were 15 groups and about 450 prospective Fellows in the room. Mrs Peterside presented a case study and announced a challenge: the best groups would win cash prizes for answering the questions correctly and to her satisfaction. I had only a few precious minutes to scan through the case study before our group was called upon to defend. There was no long preparation. No rehearsal. No opportunity to retreat into the comfort of extensive research. Then my teammates and Coaches earnestly beckoned on me: “Doctor, please go and defend us.” I stood.


The moment I grabbed the microphone, everything changed. The spotlight was on me. In front of me were the Chief Interrogator, the panel of judges, cameras and media personnel, hundreds of prospective Fellows, Coaches, TFN staff and management. Behind me were my RUBY family. In my hands was a microphone, but in my heart I carried something much heavier: their trust, their confidence, their hope, their expectations and their reputation. Even my own reputation as a PhD holder, educator, scholar and communicator was standing in that arena with me. I was suddenly in the hot seat. There was nowhere to hide and no time to manufacture brilliance. The next question came. Then another. This was it. I took each one head-on. I listened. I thought, on the spot. I answered, briskly. And somehow, the answers came with clarity, authority and precision. Spot on.


Then something extraordinary happened. The tension that had followed me onto that stage began to turn into confidence. My voice carried. My explanations landed. My delivery became stronger with every response. The charisma, professional composure, intellectual depth and confidence built through years of teaching, scholarship, leadership and public speaking all converged in those few minutes. I had not been given enough time to prepare for the questions, yet I discovered that I had spent years preparing for the moment. When I finally stepped away from that microphone, I had no idea how the judges would rank us. I only knew that I had given RUBY everything I had.


Later, the testimonies from my teammates and other prospective Fellows touched me deeply. They told me they knew RUBY was going to take first position from the quality of my answers. They spoke about the professionalism, brilliance, voice, charisma, confidence, clarity, authority and the way I delivered every response. None of the performances before mine or after mine, they said, had surpassed what they had just witnessed. Then came the official verdict at the closing ceremony: RUBY emerged first and best, winning the biggest monetary prize. Looking back, I realise that the greatest reward was not the cash. It was that moment when thirty people trusted one voice to carry them, and that voice did not tremble under the weight. That was the day eloquence stood tall. The day a few minutes of preparation met years of becoming. The day an Orator stepped into the hot seat, faced the spotlight, carried RUBY on his shoulders and came out with victory. The day three minutes became a blaze of glory. And for those unforgettable moments, under the gaze of hundreds, I did not merely speak for RUBY—I made RUBY heard. RUBY was not only heard, RUBY won the biggest cash award.


Yours in fulfilment,


@Otunba Dr Femi Abiola, MCE

@President

@Project Youth Fulfil

@Fellow, Teach For Nigeria 


#ProjectYouthFulfil

#PYoFguides

#PYoFinspires

#PYoFmotivates

#PYoFdevelops

#PYoFmentors

#PYoFleads


Share, follow, comment, like & join us in this journey to fulfilment on any of our online multimedia platforms 👇

Our Contact: 


Call: 07065492010


Blogsite: https://projectyouthfulfil.blogspot.com/?m=1


Facebook: Project Youth Fulfil

https://www.facebook.com/projectyouthfulfil?mibextid=ZbWKwL


Facebook: Otunba Femi Abiola https://www.facebook.com/femi.abiola2


Instagram: Project Youth Fulfil

 https://www.instagram.com/project_youth_fulfil?igsh=MWNuZmRpbmMzZGE0aQ==


WhatsApp Group:  Project Youth Fulfil

https://chat.whatsapp.com/EcHf0KbbAAC3mY2jGFVDBm


X (formerly Twitter): Project Youth Fulfil

https://x.com/pfulfil44023


Email: pyof24@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

@Becoming the Leader Within — The Journey From Potential to Power

@Thank You for Leaving Me

Education In The Age Of The Click: Lessons From 2025